Thursday, January 26, 2012

Whew!

I used to work out a lot. I was one of those people you hated to talk to about working out, because I was kind of a fanatic. I never joined a gym and I wasn't a runner. I used videos at home and I had weights and 2 sizes of steps. I worked out 45 minutes to 1.5 hours 6 days a week, 5 if I had a rough week at work. But that was 12 years ago.

Now I'm determined to get back into it. I've really gotten lazy and let myself go. I can't stand it. So on On Demand, I found some 10 minutes workouts. I did the beginners pilates and beginners lower body today. And I see now how out of shape I am. But it felt good, just the same! If I can do 2 of these 10 minute workouts 3 times a week, I think that's a good jumping off point to get back in the habit. I might not be able to do an hour a day, six days a week anymore, but I'm also not 27 anymore.

Now I need a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment