Monday, January 9, 2012

A new blog!

This is going to be a riveting, edge-of-your-seat account of what's going on with me as I enter sweeps and game while I look for a job. Are you ready? Hang on!

Ok, that might have been a little sarcastic. While sweeping, gaming and job hunting is certainly entertaining (ha!), it might not be the thrill ride some would hope for.

The gaming is fun. Sweepstaking can also be fun, especially when you win. Job hunting, not so much.

A little background: in April 2011 I lost my job and since then, I've just been drawing a little unemployment. That is supposed to run out this February unless I get an extension. I'm not counting on that, so the job hunt has begun in earnest now.

But back in August, 2011, I saw a show about people that enter sweepstakes pretty much for a living and I thought "Hey, I'm not doing anything else right now, I could do that!" And so far there have been a few payouts. I got most of my Christmas shopping done with one of my winnings. And I've won a few small but useful things as well. Still keeping my fingers crossed for that big win though! And by big, I mean something over $500. While something with more zeros at the end would be ideal, I'm trying to keep it realistic.

Gaming is something else I do. I play online games. Some of you probably have heard of World of Warcraft. You may know someone that plays it. I've played it before, but my game du jour is Everquest 2. Similar type of game, but much better IMO. While I may mention my gaming addiction on occasion, this blog will mostly be about the sweeping and the job hunt.

Alright, that's it for now. Tune in later for more spine-chilling excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment